EAA21.ORG

Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 21
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:27 am 

The FAA requires towered facilities to hold an annual Runway Safety meeting. Here at EVV, Airport Management supplies the meeting room and Air Traffic conducts the meeting. William Axson, a certified Air Traffic Controller at EVV, will lead this year’s meeting. He also led lasts year’s meeting and did a phenomenal job. There are required topics to cover such as runway safety, past incidents, safety concerns at the airport and many others. The meeting itself is very informational and has been customized to the audience which will include airport management, air traffic, technical operations who support EVV ATC, airport drivers and users, pilots and student pilots and anyone interested in attending. William has done a great job keeping the content modernized and finds very good short videos that can be of help to some. The FAA’s #1 mission has always been safety and that hasn’t changed. This meeting allows Air Traffic to share valuable information to its stakeholders. I encourage you and any pilots or personnel at your facility to attend if possible. There will also be open discussion, so if you have any questions, this is the place to hopefully get answers. In addition to William, our Air Traffic Manager and myself an Operations Supervisor will attend to answer or discuss various topics.

The meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. CDT. The meeting will be held at the Doug Joest Conference Center, which is located inside the Evansville Airport Terminal on the right side of the building. If you do plan to attend, parking tickets will be validated at the meeting, so please park in either the short or long-term parking lots and bring your ticket with you. Refreshments will be provided. There is plenty of seating available. Once again, I encourage you and everyone to attend. It would be good for us to put some names to faces and there have been many changes here at EVV over the last couple of years that you may not be aware of. The airport terminal just completed a multi-million dollar upgrade of the terminal. A few years ago, the FAA required our airport to change the runway layout and now we no longer have intersecting primary and secondary runways. In addition, located on the airport is the Evansville Wartime Museum, open only on weekends, but it is a nice museum that contains history of the P-47 Thunderbolt aircraft, which used to be made in Evansville, just south of the airport and has history of the LST warships. Here at EVV, we have the LST325 stationed on the Ohio River Riverfront and they offer tours of the vessel.

I ask that if you do plan to attend to please RSVP by May 15, 2019. You can email me at jodi.l.maggi@faa.gov or call me at (812) 436-4660. Please let me know how many will be in your party and I can answer any further questions you may have. Mark your calendars today and spread the word. We hope to see you there!

**NOTE-Please print attached meeting flyer and post in an area where it will be seen by pilots and others such as a bulletin board, message board, pilot lounges, FBO’s, social media sites, etc. or feel free to forward email and/or flyer to other aviation enthuiasts. We are hoping to have a good turnout and are trying to get as much pilot involvement as we can.**

Attachment:
RSAT Flyer.pptx [759.11 KiB]
Downloaded 590 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 pm 

Attached is the KEVV/FAA Runway Safety Action Team flyer in pdf format for those of you who indicated you do not have MS PowerPoint.

Attachment:
RSAT Flyer.pdf [309.73 KiB]
Downloaded 521 times

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 am 

The Runway Safety Action Team meeting scheduled for May 22nd, 2019 here in Evansville is now eligible for FAA Wings credit:

Basic WINGS
1 Credit for Basic Knowledge Topic 3

Advanced WINGS
1 Credit for Advanced Knowledge Topic 2

More information available here:

https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_d ... tList.aspx