|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||rhino [ Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:31 am ]|
|Post subject:||Oshkosh 2018|
With about a week to go until Airventure begins, the long term forecast suggests that Saturday and Sunday weather will be showery and overcast.
Please make sure you have an alternate (or two) in mind if the airport is IFR. Experience shows that when the early weather reduces the number of morning arrivals, the afternoon traffic increases as the weather clears. This also impacts the mass arrivals scheduling - and they will get priority into the airport. If this is the case you may be offered a divert or plan on orbiting the lakes in a hold until they are clear. (note - you really, really, really do not want to do this...)
Also leaving a little earlier than planned and lingering a while longer at your fuel stop allows you to re-check the ASOS, radar and parking/field conditions report and planning the last leg of your journey with the most up to date information.
IFR drivers - eSTMP reservations open 72 hours BEFORE your planned slot. Your eSTMP reservation number MUST BE included in your flight plan comments section.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group