It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: IMC Club Webinar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:59 pm 

Radek Wyrzykowski, EAA #1187948
Manager of Flight Proficiency
Experimental Aircraft Association

Message from Radek Wyrzykowski:

I hope this message still finds you and your loved ones safe and well. I know the unprecedented and uncertain nature of COVID-19 has created challenges for all of us.

Thank you for all your emails and messages of support, ideas, and suggestions. I am impressed with how strong and resilient our aviation community is. We will get through this just as we had in other turbulent times. I have to apologize, but due to a large number of those received emails, I have to respond with this group email.

During this period of social distancing, my goal is to keep our EAA/IMC and VMC Club communities connected. Our EAA/IMC and VMC Club philosophy will always be based on guided discussion with personal interaction. Last week, I had a very successful online beta meeting with one of our chapters using ZOOM. Based on that meeting, I will share with you my observations, experience, and best practices and suggestions on the use and utilization of ZOOM video conferencing in the context of IMC and VMC Club format.

The webinar will take place this coming Thursday at 3 PM Central Time. Please register using this link below:

(REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS - ORIGINAL MESSAGE RETAINED)

All the best, Radek

Last edited by rhino on Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: IMC Club Webinar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:03 pm 

EAA 21 members:

Keep in mind Radek's webinar is for evaluating and using the Zoom tool - I do not believe it is a webinar for the general IMC/VMC Club members.

I posted the time/date in case we want to explore options for meeting virtually and use the Zoom app within the EAA Chapter.

Post subject: Re: IMC Club Webinar
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 am 

I'm removing the webinar link to the IMC Club/VMC Club webinar regarding the use of Zoom app. After doing some additional research I believe it represents a greater threat than advertised.

The media and web security sites are posting information regarding the privacy and security issues with the Zoom app daily.

Even today, the FBI has become involved in the latest, known as "Zoom Bombings". More importantly, the security vulnerabilities in these apps can be used to take over control of your computer and install malware.