EAA21.ORG

Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 21
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:20 am 

Good morning, sorry for the general post but not sure how else to do it. I am very interested attending a meeting and possible joining the chapter. What are the details of next meeting..or two? Can someone just show up as a guest? Also..I am very interested in getting a Sport pilot certificate, and not sure if it is doable in Evansville? Do you a have a list of CFIs in the chapter and what the rates maybe? Including what and if they have their own rental planes? I am torn between a Sport and PPL, a Sport is all I need as I have zero ambition to go any further with it. Also thinking somewhat about a airplane purchase at some point?, but honestly not sure if cost would be worth it to me. I am 57.Thank you for all input. Roger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 am 

Hi Rodger
To answer your question as to can you fly, the answer is yes. no it's "Hell yes" . This is still America, hang onto her freedom!
Mike Zeller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am 

You are only 2 years younger than I was when I started building my Van's Aircraft RV-7A. I have been flying it for 7 years now and have over 700 hours on her. As I was always told: "time to start pounding those rivets; you are not going to finish building that plane if you don't get started." Of course you can always buy one and start flying much sooner :-)

If you look to the left you will see a Red and White calendar icon. Click on it and you will see what the chapter is going to be doing for the next year. All of the chapter meetings are listed as well. Join us at Skylane airport on Allens Lane the 2nd Wednesday of each month for our monthly get-together.

RV-7A Slider, O-360 A1A, Catto 3 blade, Garmin G3X, Bionics APRS. FLYING since June 24, 2009

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 pm 

Hi Roger,
Come to a meeting and there will be plenty to talk about with some of the best pilots in Indiana. I look forward to seeing you there.

Mike Zupan