Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 21
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Oshkosh ATC bill
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am 

Letter I received today from Sen. Donnelly:

December 19, 2013

Dear Dr. DeCoster,

I appreciate the time you took to contact me with your concerns about the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Like you, I believe that the FAA has an important responsibility to protect travelers on airlines and general aviators throughout our nation.

As you may know, earlier this year, in light of sequestration budget cuts, the FAA charged the Experimental Aircraft Association for the diversion of 87 FAA air traffic controllers and supervisors to AirVenture, an annual event held in Oshkosh, Wisconsin that attracts more than 10,000 amateur pilots. In previous years, the FAA has provided this service at no cost to the event organizers. In response to the FAA's decision, the Experimental Aircraft Association, along with members of Congress have called on the FAA to reconsider its decision.

Currently, the Experimental Aircraft Association's petition seeking reimbursement for the nearly $450,000 charged by the FAA for air traffic control during AirVenture is being reviewed by the U.S. Court of Appeals. Should legislation pertaining to this matter come before the U.S. Senate, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Cell 479.445.9814

Post subject: Re: Oshkosh ATC bill
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:43 am 

The same 'form' letter I received recently... :roll: Earl